3 days tour from Marrakech to the Sahara Desert
3-day Marrakech to Merzouga desert tour is our most popular Morocco desert tour. It starts and ends in Marrakech, and this tour is for people who are willing to explore the deep of the Sahara desert and don’t mind driving. The tour is rich in scenery; you will never be bored as you will be busy admiring one scene after another. The dramatic landscape change is amazing. From the fertile Haouz plains around Marrakech, to the High Atlas Mountains, then to various valleys and oases.
- Duration: 3 days & 2 nights
- Departure: 7⁄8 AM
- Starting Location: Marrakech
- Ending Location: Marrakech
Day 1: Marrakech – Ait Ben Haddou – Roses Valley – Dades Gorges
- Our 3 days tour from Marrakech will start at Marrakech, from which we will depart towards Ouarzazate, driving through the High Atlas Mountains. We will meet many small Berber villages along the way, at which we will make multiple stops in order to appreciate their beauty.
- We will reach our first destination of the trip, which is the fortified Kasbah of Ait Ben Haddou. Ait Ben Haddou is a recognized UNESCO world heritage site, and a location where many important international films were set, like Gladiator, The Kingdom of Heaven, Sahara, etc.
- Then we will continue driving to Ouarzazate.
- After that, we will head to the Dades valley, driving through the valley of Roses. Once we get there, you will get to explore the beauty of the place, with its rock formations and panoramic views.
- We will have dinner and spend the night at a local hotel or Riad.
Day 2: Dades Gorges- Tinghir – Todra Gorges – Merzouga desert
- After having breakfast, we will head to the famous Todra gorges.
- We will make as many stops as needed along the way, in order to truly appreciate the beauty of the area. Then once we finally reach the Todra gorges, you will be free to explore the location as you wish.
- After we are done exploring, we will take the road south towards Merzouga, driving through many Berber villages such as Tinjdad, Touroug and Erfoud city.
- When we arrive at Merzouga, we will take some time to relax, enjoying a cup of traditional mint tea, after which we will ride on the back of camels. The camel caravan will last for up to one hour and thirty minutes, during which you will get to experience the amazing sunset over the Sahara dunes.
- You will enjoy a traditional dinner while listening to a beautiful live Berber music. You will get an irreplaceable chance to gaze at the clear night sky of the Desert.
- You will sleep in a simplistic style Nomad tent, after having dinner at the camp
Day 3: Merzouga – Rissani – Alnif – Agdez – Ouarzazate – Marrakech
- This next day, we will make sure to wake you up in time to be able to watch the magnificent desert sunrise.
- After that, we will ride on camels once again, back to Merzouga.
- This is when we will head back to Marrakech, driving by the town of Rissani. Rissani is the hometown of the ancestors of the Alaouite dynasty that currently rules over the kingdom.
- We will continue driving by many Berber villages such as Alnif, N’kob, the Draa valley until we reach Agdez where we will stop for lunch.
- Our road trip continues, driving through the High Atlas Mountains.
- Our 3 days tour from Marrakech ends when we finally arrive at Marrakech in the evening.
If our 3 days from Marrakech to Sahara desert do not suit your needs, contact us and we will prepare your trip according to your needs and requirements.
Included in this Tour
- A private and very comfortable air conditioned vehicle
- Private English speaking driver/guide
- Pick up and transfer at your Riad / Hotel / airport
Not included in this Tour