1-day excursion to high atlas mountains
This 1-day excursion to High Atlas Mountains from Marrakech to Ait Ben Haddou Kasbah is right for those who cannot spare quiet at some point but anxiously wish to urge a glimpse of the majestic desert of Morocco. Visit this UNESCO World Heritage Site that was a perfect place for several Hollywood blockbusters.
Travel across the High Atlas range by a comfortable 4WD or minivan following the traditional caravan routes and pass a series of lush oases, spectacular kasbahs, and imperial fortified villages. Marvel at one of the world’s cultural treasures classified as a UNESCO world heritage site and thus the backdrop to several Hollywood movies, the fortified Kasbah of Ait Ben Haddou.
Visit the grandiose Taourirt Kasbah in Ouarzazate, which is a historic fortified residence Once there, you can test camel riding skills during a festival of laughter and show the important hospitality of the Moroccan desert (Not included in the price).
Discover the scenic great thing about the High atlas mountains on a 1-Day Trip from Marrakech to Ait Ben Haddou.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE 1-day excursion to high atlas mountains:
- Explore the Berber villages of the high atlas and enjoy the beautiful landscapes.
- Travel to the traditional city of Ouarzazate
- Marvel at the ancient architecture and visit the Berbers for a fresh mint tea.
- Discover the World heritage UNESCO kasbahs of taourirt & Ait ben Haddou
- Have a guided walking tour to Ait ben Haddou kasbah
- Enjoy a traditional lunch at a local restaurant with a panoramic view of the Kasbah
- Visit the cinema museum of Ouarzazate
A 1-day excursion to High Atlas mountains trip will start at Marrakech, from which we will depart towards Ouarzazate, which is a city known for its calmness. We will be driving through the High Atlas Mountains, specifically the Tizi N Tichka mountain pass, which is 2260 meters high. We will meet many small Berber villages along the way, at which we will make multiple stops in order to appreciate their magnificent landscapes. We will reach our first destination of the trip, which is the old Ksar of “Pacha Glaoui”, also known as the Kasbah of Talouet.
The next Kasbab that we will visit is the fortified Kasbah of Ait Ben Haddou. Ait Ben-Haddou is a recognized UNESCO world heritage site, and a location where many important international films were set, like Gladiator, The Kingdom of Heaven, Sahara, etc. Next, we will pay a visit to two last Kasbahs, Taourirt and Tifoultoute, before finally returning where our 1-day excursion to the Atlas Mountains from Marrakech comes to an end in the afternoon.
Why reserve with Let's Visit Morocco?
Please If the itineraries we offer do not meet your needs, please contact us. and tell us about your ideas, and one of our experts will contact you to help you create a one-of-a-kind trip…
When to book?
- For personalized excursions, you will be the only passenger in the car.
- Each couple has their own room in the hotel or riad, as well as a tent in the desert camp, out of respect for your family circumstances.
- You don’t need to bother about a meeting spot; just tell us the address of your hotel, and we will come to pick you up.